Jan 7, 2014

L'amore della mia vita.


“Dancing is surely the most basic and relevant of all forms of expression. Nothing else can so effectively give outward form to an inner experience. Poetry and music exist in time. Painting and architecture are a part of space. But only the dance lives at once in both space and time. In it the creator and the thing created, the artist and the expression, are one. Each participates completely in the other. There could be no better metaphor for an understanding of the mechanics of the cosmos.” ― Lyall Watson, Gifts of Unknown Things: A True Story of Nature, Healing, and Initiation from Indonesia’s Dancing Island



I hope you all have started this New Year full with gratefulness and passion!

Some of you may already know me; some may not. So I will go ahead and introduce myself. 

My name is Rosa Vasquez and I was born in Peru. I currently study Biochemistry and Molecular Biology in the U.S. as a Fulbright Scholar. 

I decided to start a blog about dancing, healthy life style/fitness tips, travel experiences, and inspirational ideas – and chose January as my starting month.

Art has always been one of my greatest passions. I believe it fuels our souls. 

I am a dancer, and have been since I can recall. I did Ballet for more than 8 years as a child/teenager – continued with modern dance, hip-hop, Latin dance, Peruvian folklore, jazz - and also gained some experience in theater. When I was 15 years old, inspired by my everlasting admiration for Shakira (I bet I am not the only one in here!), I decided to try out belly dancing for the first time. Little I knew it would become my future


"Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams we never even knew we had." - Alice Sebold

I believe all passions in life start in a similar way. You start in the “rose clouds” states – all so beautiful, unique, flawless! Yet your commitment and passion is only truly revealed when the situation you are in is far away from perfect. That is when you realize you either want to fight and embrace your love for it every day – dedicate your life to it; or you decide you are “good enough”, no need to try harder, and just stop the music and move on. 

I sincerely hope that is not your case, whether dancing is your passion too or not. 

I have met so many beautiful people through my dancing so far, and have learned a bit from all of them. They all continue to constantly inspire me; hopefully, I will inspire you as well

Special shout out to Luna (Peru) who was my first teacher and mentor. She is unique and truly wonderful! Her love, dedication and passion is reflected not only on her dancing but on her students. Te quiero Milu!!

And to the one and only Sadie! She has always been one of my greatest dancing inspirations. I feel so grateful to have been invited by her to meet her and learn much more from her in beautiful Switzerland. Inspiring dancer and teacher, and amazing person!



In this blog, I will be sharing with you dancing (especially belly dancing) information I find unique and useful for every dancer out there. I am in the process of enriching my own knowledge and have come across so much amazing information I want to share.

I will also be including tips for a healthy life style – such as nutrition tips (especially if you are a dancer) and fitness tips. My two majors allow me to study the details underlying the chemistry of our bodies and appreciate how nutrition and fitness influence our health. 


At the same time I will include some traveling experiences (and advices!) as well as inspirational ideas/stories I come across with. In the last two years, I have visited countless cities in the U.S., Italy, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland – a lot of them by myself. I have had the chance to meet people from all backgrounds, with all types of dreams, ideas, perspectives! I have been collecting so many advices for all travel junkies (like me) out there, as well as so many inspirational stories I want to share with you.

I dearly hope to inspire all of you and nurture your minds as well.

Love and kisses,

Rosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment